An ADF Families Event: My Dad and me Ball Games, Townsville
by Defence Member and Family Support (DMFS)
NOTE: This event is only for Australian Defence Force families.
ADF Dads and kids in Townsville are invited to the July ‘My Dad and Me’ event.
This month it’s going to be an active, outdoor morning with ball games including table tennis, basketball, tennis and footy.
With a range of outdoor ball games, as well as the playground to keep the kids busy, they’ll exert lots of energy, so don’t forget to bring water bottles, hats and sunscreen.
As always, tea and coffee will be available in the Geckos kitchen, and feel free to bring your own morning tea and healthy snacks for the kids.
And don’t forget, ‘My Dad and me’ is a mum-free zone, so give her the morning off.
Registration closes 29 July unless the event is fully booked earlier.
In the event of a change in government COVID-19 restrictions, this event may be cancelled or rescheduled. Please ensure your email address is accurate as you will receive a booking confirmation and receive any additional information or changes to the event by email.
You should carefully read the following information to ensure you are aware of all requirements relating to this event. This information is regularly updated and may not be the same as information on previous events you may have registered for.
- In line with government regulations and our COVID Safe Plan, tickets for this event are limited to ensure we practice safe social distancing.
- When registering for the event, you must register for a ticket for yourself and each person attending.
- When registering you will be required to provide your best contact number. In the event of a COVID-19 outbreak or the positive COVID-19 test result of an attendee, your contact details will be provided for contact tracing if directed by the Department of Health.
- If you or someone in your family are feeling unwell with flu-like symptoms on the day of the event, please stay at home. If you attend the event with flu-like symptoms, staff will advise you to return home and to seek medical advice.
- Antibacterial wipes and hand sanitiser will be available at the event. Attendees are asked to make use of the hygiene measures available on arrival at the event and again when departing.
- A photographer will be in attendance at this event. If you don’t want to be photographed, or have your family photographed, please let the photographer know. Please note: any photos taken may be used in DCO publications, online or on social media.
- If you have any mobility requirements, please email us at DMFS.Townsville@defence.gov.au
- If you become unable to attend the event, please cancel your booking by clicking on the link in your confirmation email ‘View and manage your order online’. This takes you to your ‘Tickets’ page where you can choose the ‘Cancel my Order’ option to release the tickets back to the event listing.
- Due to contact tracing requirements, it’s important that you do not transfer your tickets to another family
9:30am - 11:00am