Partner Start Up Grants
Start Up Grants for 2021 have closed. For more information, please contact us below.
Defence lifestyles can be full of change so flexibility is key. Self-employment is a way partners of current or ex-Defence members can create independence and work that fits around the demands of daily life.
RSL Queensland Start Up Grants can give you the boost your new business needs – perhaps for a website, business software or to book a session with a business coach. We know these things can make the biggest difference and finding the financial capital can be a major roadblock to success.
If you have the idea, our new Start Up Grants can provide financial grants of up to $10,000 to bring your business to life.
Grants of $2,500, $5,000 or $10,000 are available to support veterans and their partners to pursue new business ideas.
Grant recipients will be able to utilise the funding for the following purposes:
- Digital software for small business development - websites, sales platforms, accounting software etc
- Business essentials – legal and financial consultation
- Minimum viable product testing
- Expenses associated with product design
- Fund co-working spaces
- Business coaching
The grants are running for the first time in 2021 as a pilot program.
To apply for an RSL Queensland Start Up Grant you must be the partner of a current or ex-serving ADF member who served for a minimum of three years and:
- been a spouse or defacto partner for a minimum of three years
- has participated in a business start up education program within the last 18 months, for example the Princes Trust Enterprise Connect Program
- a Queensland resident
- able to demonstrate hardship as a result of your partner's Defence service or experience post service
- able to demonstrate a sound business model and clear use of funds in line with the purposes outlined in What is Available above.
Applications for the 2021 round of Start Up Grants applications closed on 31 October 2021.
For more information and for any questions, please use the below expression of interest form to speak to the team.