As the partner of an ADF member, you've made a tremendous contribution to the stability of your family. But this may mean that your own dreams and goals have had to be postponed.
An RSL Queensland Partner Scholarship can support you to upskill, re-train or gain degree qualifications that will allow you to re-enter the workforce, pursue a new career, or relocate more easily.
“The RSL Queensland Scholarship program has supported me in pursuing a family friendly career that fits perfectly with the unique demands of service life.” – Georgia Gard, partner of currently serving ADF member.
Check your eligibility and apply below.
The provision of scholarship funding is managed within strict guidelines.
“I thought I’d never get my career back on track, but the financial and moral support enabled me to accelerate my studies and transition into paid work more quickly than I thought possible.” – Georgia Gard, partner of currently serving ADF member.
To be eligible, you must be:
- the spouse or de facto partner of a current or former Defence member
- not receiving other education/training benefits or scholarships
- not in regular employment
- enrolled or planning to enrol in an undergraduate, tertiary or vocational training course
- able to demonstrate hardship or vulnerability due to your partner’s service.
Strict eligibility criteria apply, including ongoing eligibility for successful recipients. These criteria are outlined in the 2019 Partner Education & Training Scholarship Guidelines.