Ex-Defence Start Up Grants
Start Up Grants for 2021 have closed. For more information, please contact us below.
Did you hone a specialist skill or develop an area of expertise in Defence, that now as you transition out, has sparked a new business idea or are you ex-ADF and ready to start something of your own?
If you have the idea, our new Start Up Grants can provide financial grants of up to $10,000 to help you grow your business at one of the most crucial points - starting up.
We know the investment needed to build a website, engage business advisors or hire a co-working space can be a major roadblock to success.
RSL Queensland grants are designed to support you through the start up phase, giving you the best chance of experiencing the sense of independence and flexibility self-employment can create.
Grants of $2,500, $5,000 or $10,000 are available to support veterans and their partners to pursue new business ideas.
Grant recipients will be able to utilise the funding for the following purposes:
- Digital software for small business development - websites, sales platforms, accounting software etc
- Business essentials – legal and financial consultation
- Minimum viable product testing
- Expenses associated with product design
- Fund co-working spaces
- Business coaching
The grants are running for the first time in 2021 as a pilot program.
To apply for an RSL Queensland Start Up Grant you must be an ex-ADF member who served three or more years and:
- has participated in a business start up education program within the last 18 months, for example the Princes Trust Enterprise Connect Program
- is a Queensland resident
- able to demonstrate Defence service hardship or hardship experienced post service
- able to demonstrate a sound business plan and clear use of grant funds in line with the purposes outlined in What is Available above.
Applications for the 2021 round of Start Up Grants applications closed on 31 October 2021.
For more information and for any questions, please use the below expression of interest form to speak to the team.