Forest Lake & Districts Sub Branch Inc
The Forest Lake Sub Branch is part of the South Eastern District of RSL Queensland.
RSL Forest Lake & Districts Sub Branch offers a warm welcome to veterans in the local area.
The Forest Lake & Districts was formed in 1998 and has a proud history with the Forest Lake & surrounding areas. We held our
first meeting on September 7th, 1998 and received our original Charter in October 1998. In December 2020 we received our
updated Charter to include “Districts” into our area.
The Forest Lake & Districts RSL Sub-Branch is established for the principal purpose of promoting the interests and welfare of
former and serving members of the ADF and their dependants by:
• Enhancing the awareness of the RSL and its activities in the community
• Preserving the memory and records of those who served, suffered and died for the Commonwealth of Australia
• Encouraging the members of the League and citizens to serve the Nation with a spirit of self sacrifice and loyalty
• Nurturing of the youth of Australia to ensure that the strength, vitality and security of our Nation is preserved and
• We uphold the values of recognition, service, loyalty, quality and mate-ship in all that we do.
HOW WE HELP:
Forest Lake & Districts RSL Sub Branch ensure help is always at hand for our ADF community. We also assist the veteran
community by the providing an Assistance Dog Program whereby we train assistance dogs for the benefit of veterans, first
responders, and community members in need. We have recently refurbished a WWII building which we now proudly call home.
The meeting rooms are available for use by other local groups upon application. Bookings can be made through the Sub
Membership is $20 annually and free of charge for current serving ADF personnel. Social membership is available on
application - $25 for first year, $10 per year thereafter.
Newsletters are distributed monthly to all members.
Annual General Meetings: are held on the third Tuesday in February annually
General Meetings: are held monthly on the third Tuesday of each month (7:00pm for a 7:15pm start)
Committee Meetings: are held on the first Tuesday of each month
To ensure the effort and sacrifice made by the Forest Lake & Districts veteran community and members of the ADF is
• ANZAC Day(parade from High Street, Forest Lake and concluding at The Esplanade, Forest Lake. Service follows
the Parade at the Amphitheatre)
• Vietnam Veterans’ Day
• Remembrance Day Service at the Amphitheatre, The Esplanade, Forest Lake.
907-915 Boundary Road (entry via Nasho Place)