Edge Hill/Cairns West Sub Branch Inc.
The Edge Hill/Cairns West Sub Branch offers a warm welcome to veterans in the local area. The Edge Hill/Cairns West Sub Branch is part of the Far Northern District of RSL Queensland.
Two RSL Sub Branches, Edge Hill and Cairns West RSL, amalgamated in the early 2000's, becoming incorporated in 2013.
Edge Hill/Cairns West RSL Sub Branch is an integral part of the Far North Queensland community. We have been providing assistance and social connection to local ex-service personnel, their family and friends
Information: (How do you support your members?)
Edge Hill/Cairns West RSL Sub Branch is established for the principal purpose of promoting the interests and welfare of former and serving members of the ADF, their dependants, family and friends by:
- Provide for the sick, helpless, wounded, aged, vulnerable, destitute and needy,
- Perpetuate the close and kindly ties of friendship created by a mutual service in the ADF
- Maintain a proper standard of dignity and honour among all past and present members of the ADF
- Preserve the memory and the records of those who suffered and died for Australia
- Encourage loyalty to Australia and secure patriotic service in the interests of Australia
- Protect the good name and preserve the interests and standing of members of the ADF
- Encourage Members, as citizens, to serve Australia with that spirit of self-sacrifice and loyalty
- Nurturing of the youth of Australia to ensure that the strength, vitality and security of our Nation is preserved and enhanced.
In addition, we assist the veteran community of Edge Hill/Cairns Well RSL Sub Branch by the provision of pension and welfare advocacy for compensation and benefits; medical treatment and other forms of welfare.
Annual General Meetings: are held in February each year
General Meetings: fourth Tuesday of the month
Committee Meetings: third Tuesday of the month
We help with information and assistance on any of the following:
- Department of Veterans Affairs claims
- War Widow/Widower benefits
- Emergency financial assistance
- Social connection
- Monthly wellbeing gatherings