If you’ve made the difficult decision to leave Defence, RSL Queensland can support your transition into civilian employment with our specially tailored program for ex-Defence members.
Our highly-trained Employment team will work with you to determine how they can best support your search for employment. This may include:
- career counselling
- training and development
- help translating your skills for the civilian job market
- help interpreting selection criteria, writing CVs and application letters and social media profiles
- interview coaching
- connections to employers.
Simply fill in the Expression of Interest form below. You will then be contacted by the RSL Queensland Employment team for an initial assessment to determine your needs and eligibility.
To be eligible, you must:
- be resident of Queensland
- be an ex-ADF member not in regular employment OR a current ADF member with a confirmed discharge date
- served at least one day continuous full time service (CFTS)
- have exhausted all Career Transition Assistance Scheme (CTAS) entitlement and attended the Job Search Preparation Workshop
- not be currently in or entitled to the DVA Work Rehabilitation Program or Veterans’ Vocational Rehabilitation Scheme (VVRS).
From the time you make contact with us, the next chapter in your career is just eight steps away. Download the PDF below to find out more.
Still have questions? Download the FAQ document below to get the answers.
If you have any concerns about how employment might impact any DVA entitlements received by you or your partner, we recommend you contact the DVA directly.