2020 Draft Constitution
Given the impact of COVID-19 on our Board’s planned vote to adopt a new RSL Queensland Constitution at the 2020 AGM, this important vote for our organisation’s future stewardship will now take place at the 2021 AGM.
The Constitution Working Group, a Board Sub-Committee formed for the purposes of supporting the Board to complete this important work, will continue re-drafting the Constitution and By Laws which will be taken to a member vote in 2021 at the AGM. The working group meets fortnightly to review member submissions and feedback on current draft documents. The members of this working group are:
- Bill Whitburn OAM (Chair) - State Vice President
- Garry Player - District President, North Queensland District
- Grendell Antony - Vice President, Sunshine Coast and Regional District
- Les Nash - District President, Moreton District
- Matt Hanrahan - Vice President, Brisbane North District
- Michael Liddelow - President, Maroochydore Sub Branch
- Merv Brown OAM - District President, Brisbane North District
- Paul Petter - Secretary Stanthorpe Sub Branch
- Rick Maher - President, Kenmore/Moggill Sub Branch
- Rob Walford - President, Mudjimba Sub Branch
Key 2021 Dates for Members to be aware of:
- Throughout May: Constitution Working Group drafting membership categories
- 11 June: Board review of proposed changes, and release Draft Constitution to RSL Members for feedback
- 11 June – 7 July: Member feedback period
- 12 July – 6 August: Feedback review and revisions made by Constitution Working Group
- 26 August: Final Constitution and By Laws reviewed and approved by RSL Queensland Board
- 2 September: Publish final Constitution and By Laws to RSL Queensland website
- 8 September: Notice of Motions for RSL Queensland AGM
- 8-9 December: RSL Queensland AGM – vote to adopt the new RSL Queensland Constitution
Member consultation and feedback
During the important drafting period for the Constitution it is imperative that the working group receives and responds to member feedback on proposed changes in a timely manner.
Members and Sub Branches are invited to submit feedback, including any marked up documents and files to the working group via the form below.
Member feedback will be acknowledged on receipt, and responses to feedback submitted to this working group will be responded to on a fortnightly basis.
Updates from the Chair of the Constitution Working Group
Members will be kept up to date as to progress of this working group through the RSL Member Updates which are emailed fortnightly to all members. If you are not receiving this email, please contact your District Secretary to ensure your email subscription preferences are updated.
DRAFT 2020 Constitution can be viewed here: 2020 Draft Constitution
RSL Queensland By Laws and Model Constitutions for Districts and Sub Branches will be released here for review and comment by members as they are finalised. We will alert members when these documents are uploaded for consultation.