Beaudesert Sub Branch Inc.
The Beaudesert Sub Branch is part of the South Eastern District of RSL Queensland.
The Beaudesert RSL Sub Branch welcomes and assists all veterans ex-serving and serving members in the local area. The Beaudesert Sub Branch is part of the South East District of RSL Queensland.
Open Hours: Mon-Fri (9.00am – 1.00pm).
Advocate hours: We have advocates available by appointment on Wednesday’s from 9am.
The Beaudesert RSL Sub Branch was first founded in the early 1918’s, but which month we do not know as no records were kept, it is also not known where their meetings were held.
However, it is known that in 1951 the first load of logs were brought in by Dick Jurd, free of charge, to enable the Sub Branch to erect a building in Jane Street (presently the Girl Guides Hall).
In the late 1950’s and early 1960’s these premises were sold and the Sub Branch then moved into a room at the Shire Council Chambers new office block in Brisbane Street.
This was later sold back to the council and the RSL purchased land at the top end of Brisbane Street, to build a complex for various uses as well as RSL Offices. This building did not transpire as the Sub Branch decided to purchase the old Post Office which came on the market in the late 1960’s. This Building became the RSL Services Club which is a separate entity to the Sub Branch
Beaudesert RSL Sub Branch Inc. was incorporated in 2009. Our Office is called “Flanders House”
The Beaudesert RSL Sub-Branch is established for the principal purpose of promoting the interests and welfare of former and serving members of the ADF and their dependants by:
- Assisting Veterans with facilitation through the DVA processes to obtain fair and equitable outcomes for compensation and benefits for medical treatment and other forms of Welfare, This Service is provided freely with suitably Qualified Advocates at the Sub -Branch.
- Preserving the memory and records of those who served, suffered and died for the Commonwealth of Australia
- Encouraging the members of the League and citizens to serve the Nation with a spirit of self-sacrifice and loyalty.
- Nurturing of the youth of Australia to ensure that the strength, vitality and security of our Nation is preserved and enhanced.
- Providing Welfare packages to former and serving members of the ADF in our local area.
- Provide Patient Transport through Qld Ambulance Service to Veterans and their family members and Community.
- ANZAC Day – 25th April (Dawn Service – 4.20am) held at Cenotaph / Main Parade 11.30am Brisbane St, Beaudesert
- Vietnam Veterans Day – 18th August held at Palm Gardens, Jubilee Park – 11.00am
- Peace Keeping Day – 14th September held at Palm Gardens, Jubilee Park- 11.00am
- Remembrance Day – 11th November held at Cenotaph – 10.40am
Annual General Meetings: Is held on the 2nd Saturday in February at 10.00am
General Meetings: are held on the 3rd Thursday every 3rd Month at 2.00pm
Committee Meetings: are held on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 9.00am