2021 Draft Constitution
As part of our long-term focus to becoming more relevant for veterans and driving higher levels of positive influence, we need to grow and modify our ways of working. To do this, we are proposing changes that will require reform to the RSL Constitution. It’s a proposal that RSL members will vote on at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) in December this year.
Available for feedback 11 June - 11 July 2021
View the 2021 Draft Constitution
The work of redrafting the Constitution and By Laws is managed by the Constitution Working Group (CWG) - a Board Sub-Committee formed for the purposes of completing this important work. The CWG meets fortnightly to review member submissions and feedback on current draft documents. The members of this working group are:
- Bill Whitburn OAM (Chair) - State Vice President
- Garry Player - District President, North Queensland District
- Grendell Antony - Vice President, Sunshine Coast and Regional District
- Les Nash - District President, Moreton District
- Matt Hanrahan - Vice President, Brisbane North District
- Michael Liddelow - President, Maroochydore Sub Branch (October 2019 - March 2021)
- Merv Brown OAM - District President, Brisbane North District
- Paul Petter - Secretary Stanthorpe Sub Branch
- Rick Maher - President, Kenmore/Moggill Sub Branch (October 2019 - April 2021)
- Rob Walford - President, Mudjimba Sub Branch
For members' convenience the following two files show the comparison between previously published drafts and revisions.
Model Constitutions for Districts and Sub Branches will be developed by CWG once work is complete on the RSL Queensland 2021 Draft Constitution. They will be shared for Member consultation as soon as they are completed.
Member consultation and feedback
Your guide to knowing and understanding the proposed changes
We provide fortnightly updates to members on the progress of the CWG, the various changes being proposed, why they’re needed, how to get involved and where to send your feedback and questions. The topics are derived from the changes proposed and feedback from members.
If you are not receiving this fortnightly RSL Queensland Constitution email, please contact your District Secretary to ensure your email subscription preferences are updated.
Read some of our past updates:
- Part 3: Contemporary governance and the RSL Constitution
- Part 2: Skills matrix for the Board of Directors
- Part 1: Proposed Board structure changes within the Constitution
- Member Value Proposition and the Constitution
- 11 June - 11 July: 2021 Draft Constitution available to RSL members for feedback
- 12 July – 6 August: Constitution Working Group collate feedback, review and oversee revisions
- 26 August: Review and final endorsement of Draft Constitution and By Laws by RSL Queensland Board
- 2 September: Publish final Constitution and By Laws to RSL Queensland website
- 8 September: Notice of Meeting for RSL Queensland AGM
- 8-9 December: RSL Queensland AGM – vote to adopt the new RSL Queensland Constitution