Since its beginning in 1916, RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family. Over these past 103 years, we have proudly upheld our Objects. We are veterans helping veterans, united in our desire to champion the rights of all veterans.
Our purpose is clear: to ensure a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families. Our 2025 Strategy provides a clear blueprint to realise our vision of becoming the most valued and trusted partner to enrich the Australian Defence family’s Quality of Life.
We are the largest ex-service organisation in Queensland, providing practical support, assistance, advice and camaraderie to current and former Australian Defence Force members and their families across the state. We are able to do this through the funds generated by the world’s most successful prize home lottery, RSL Art Union.
RSL Queensland is consistently guided by the pursuit of the below Objects:
- Provide for the sick, helpless, wounded, aged, vulnerable, destitute and needy among those who are serving or who have served in the Australian Defence Forces and their dependants.
- Perpetuate the close and kindly ties of friendship created by a mutual service in the Australian Defence Force or in the forces of nations traditionally allied with Australia and the recollections associated with that experience.
- Maintain a proper standard of dignity and honour among all past and present members of the Defence Forces of the nation and to set an example of public spirit and noble hearted endeavour.
- Preserve the memory and the records of those who suffered and died for Australia, erect monuments to their valour, provide them with suitable burial places, and establish and preserve, in their honour, the annual commemoration days known as ANZAC Day, Remembrance Day and other commemorative days.
- Encourage loyalty to Australia and secure patriotic service in the interests of Australia.
- Protect the good name and preserve the interests and standing of members of the Australian Defence Force.
- Encourage Members, as citizens, to serve Australia with that spirit of self-sacrifice and loyalty with which they served as members of the Australian Defence Forces.
- Provide welfare to the sick, helpless, wounded, vulnerable, aged, destitute and needy.