You’ve supported your partner in their Defence career, but this might mean that your own career prospects have suffered.
RSL Queensland can help you nurture your own path, working with you to support your search for a fulfilling new career. This may include:
- career counselling
- training and development (including scholarships for tertiary or vocational education)
- help translating your skills for the job market
- help interpreting selection criteria, writing CVs and application letters and social media profiles
- interview skills
- connections to employers.
Employment Program helps Defence partner Launch New Career
To be eligible for the Partner Employment Program, you must:
- be a resident of Queensland and have Australian Residence status
- not be in regular employment
- be married or the de facto partner of a current or ex-serving ADF member who has served at least one day of continuous full time service (CFTS)
- have accessed and exhausted the Partner Employment Assistance Program (PEAP) with the Defence Community Organisation (DCO).
If you have not accessed the Partner Employment Assistance Program (PEAP), please click here for more information on how to access it.
From the time you make contact with us, the next chapter in your career is just eight steps away. Download the PDF below to find out more.
Still have questions? Download the FAQ document below to get the answers.
If you have any concerns about how employment might impact any DVA entitlements received by you or your partner, we recommend you contact the DVA directly.