2022 Director Election
At the RSL Queensland Annual General Meeting (AGM), held on June 25, 2022, Delegates voted to accept proposed changes to the Constitution. The main change is the creation of four new Board positions for Members, nominated and voted on by Delegates of RSL Queensland Sub Branches and Districts.
This page contains the information you, as a Member, need to nominate for the four new Board Directors. There will also be information for Delegates to assist with voting in the election.
This page will be updated throughout the election.
What happens next?
nominations (July 1 to August 25)
Nominations for the four Board Directors have now closed.
REVIEW OF CANDIDATES (AUGUST 26 TO SEPTEMBER 15)
The review and selection of nominations has been completed.
An extract of the candidates’ nomination forms is available here.
The following candidates have been identified based on their experience and ability to meet the skills requirement.
- Director 3 – (Strategy Development and Execution) has two candidates, and voting is now open for this position
- Candidate 1 – Dan Murray
- Candidate 2 – Ash Naughton
- Director 1, 2 and 4 each have one candidate who will be appointed to the new Board in accordance with the Transition Provisions in the constitution once the elections is complete
- Director 1 – (Financial Management) - Tony Orchard
- Director 2 – (Stakeholder Engagement and Advocacy) - Chris Hamilton
- Director 4 – (Legal, Governance and Risk Management) - Nic Gould
VOTING (SEPTEMBER 16 TO OCTOBER 27)Voting for the new Board positions has now closed.
APPOINTMENT (OCTOBER 28)
RSL Queensland has appointed four new Board Directors who will represent veterans on the RSL Queensland Board from today.
Thank you to all Sub Branch Delegates and volunteers for their time and consideration throughout the election process. RSL Queensland would also like to express thanks to the departing Board members for their time and the professionalism they have shown in their representative roles. We appreciate their continued focus on their District, Sub Branches and Community supporting veterans in their roles as District Presidents.