2020 Draft Constitution
The Constitution Working Party has been working on a draft Constitution document which considers the feedback received since as well as before the 2019 Annual General Meeting.
Feedback has been received from the following Sub Branches and individuals:
- Bayside South
- Bribie Island
- Member from Charleville (individual)
- Gracemere and District
- State Council of Auxiliaries
- State President (individual)
- Member from Thuringowa (individual)
- Member from Hervey Bay (individual)
- Yeronga-Dutton Park
- Member from Gordonvale (individual)
A draft document has been prepared which was submitted to the Board at its meeting on 21 November where the document was endorsed by the Board. It will now be submitted to the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) and the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC) for review.
The working document has been uploaded for member review and feedback while the review process by OFT and ACNC is underway. Supporting documents to assist will be uploaded before the end of the year. Feedback should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, the Constitution Working Party continues to meet regularly to work on the By-Laws and draft Constitution as well as the Sub Branch and District Model Constitutions.
|21 November||Initial draft of 2020 Constitution submitted to Board for endorsement|
Draft submitted to regulatory authorities for review
|December||Initial draft available to members for review and feedback|
|21 February 20||Feedback period closes|
Final draft of 2020 Constitution available to members
Notice of meeting
Notice of motion
|June||2020 Annual General Meeting|
Members of the Constitution Working Party
- Les Nash – Gatton RSL Sub Branch (Chairman)
- Michael Liddelow – Maroochydore RSL Sub Branch
- Rick Maher – Kenmore-Moggill RSL Sub Branch
- Garry Player – Townsville RSL Sub Branch
- Rob Walford – Mudjimba RSL Sub Branch
The Constitution Working Party is supported by members of RSL Queensland’s legal team.