You’ve supported your partner in their Defence career, but this might mean that your own career prospects have suffered.
RSL Queensland can help you nurture your own path, working with you to support your search for a fulfilling new career. This may include:
- career counselling
- training and development (including scholarships for tertiary or vocational education)
- help translating your skills for the job market
- help interpreting selection criteria, writing CVs and application letters and social media profiles
- interview skills
- connections to employers.
There are 20 scholarships for studies commencing or being undertaken in 2020. Each one is valued at up to $4,000 a year for up to three years.
The provision of scholarship funding is managed within strict guidelines.
To be eligible, you must be:
- an ex-serving Defence member
- ineligible for other Defence education and training assistance
- not in regular, full-time employment
- enrolled or planning to enrol in an undergraduate, tertiary or vocational training course
- able to demonstrate hardship or vulnerability since transitioning from ADF.
The application process is to allow partners of former and current Australian Defence Force (ADF) members to apply for scholarships under the RSL Partner Scholarship program. This program is supportive of education and training courses to aid in partners’ employability.
Assessment of Applications:
Your application will be acknowledged via email once received by RSL Queensland. All application forms submitted will be checked to confirm the applicant and proposed education and training course meets the intent and eligibility criteria of the program.
Completing your Form:
All mandatory fields and submission of forms outlined in this application must be completed in order to be assessed by RSL Queensland. Incomplete or partially completed forms will be returned to applicants.
Outcome of Applications:
Applicants will be notified via email of the outcome at the conclusion of the assessment.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that they have read the RSL Partner Scholarship Guidelines and that their request meets the intent and eligibility criteria of the program.
Approved applicants must advise RSL Queensland (firstname.lastname@example.org) of any subsequent changes in circumstances relating to:a) change in relationship status
b) change to residential location
c) change in employment status
d) change to approved study (including fee alterations)
Applicants should be aware that giving false or misleading information may lead to rejection of the application.
Should assistance be required in completing the form, email RSL Queensland (email@example.com).