Homelessness and Crisis Accommodation
Safe, permanent housing is one of our most basic needs but sadly, some veterans are lacking just that.
Whether you’re couch surfing, living in your car or living rough, we can help you find a place to call home.
RSL Queensland partners with The Salvation Army to get you into immediate emergency accommodation.
Once you are safe, we can help you find permanent rental accommodation, and link you into our holistic range of services including:
- assistance with DVA claims
- helping you find suitable employment
- participating in our wellbeing programs.
“i JUST WANT TO GIVE OTHER PEOPLE A BIT OF HOPE THAT THERE IS HELP OUT THERE. THEY DON'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS ALONE.” – SAM, veteran.
Assistance is available to Queensland veterans who have at least one day of Continuous Full Time Service in the ADF and their dependants if they are:
- living on the streets or in improvised dwellings, such as tents
- staying temporarily with friends or family
- living in boarding houses or other temporary lodgings
- at risk of imminent homelessness due to eviction, inability to pay rent, etc.
The Veteran Homelessness Program provides a comprehensive case management approach to support you in finding stable, permanent accommodation.
You may also be eligible for emergency financial assistance, quick referrals to psychologists or addiction treatment facilities, and referrals into other support programs.
The Veteran Homelessness Program is delivered in partnership with The Salvation Army.
No matter where you are in Queensland, we can get you into emergency accommodation.