Defence careers provide you with a diverse range of skills and expertise but when you transition out of Defence, you may wish to gain additional qualifications or take a new career path entirely.
Our Ex-Defence Scholarships allow you to develop and extend existing skills or obtain new skills to secure meaningful civilian employment.
“This scholarship has taken some of my financial pressures away and given me some hope. It has also increased my focus and desire to complete the study I had started. I am very thankful to RSL for the opportunity.” – Matthew, veteran and recipient of an RSL Queensland Ex-Defence Scholarship.
There are 20 scholarships for studies commencing or being undertaken in 2019. Each one is valued at up to $4,000 a year for up to three years.
The provision of scholarship funding is managed within strict guidelines.
To be eligible, you must be:
- an ex-serving Defence member
- ineligible for other Defence education and training assistance
- not in regular, full-time employment
- enrolled or planning to enrol in an undergraduate, tertiary or vocational training course
- able to demonstrate hardship or vulnerability since transitioning from ADF.