Defence lifestyles can be full of change, so flexibility is key.
Self-employment is a way partners of current or ex-Defence members can create independence and work that fits around the demands of daily life.
RSL Queensland Veteran Enterprise Start Up Grants can give you the boost your new business needs - to assist in building your website or new business software. We know these things can make the biggest difference and finding the financial capital can be a major roadblock to success.
If you have a great idea and need funding to get your business underway, we can provide the support you need.
Veteran Enterprise Start Up Grants of up to $10,000 are available to support defence partners with businesses in early stages of development and which has either not commenced trading or has been trading for less than two years.
Grant recipients will be able to utilise the funding for the following purposes:
- Digital software - e.g sales platforms, accounting software
- Business services provided by a qualified service provide - e.g legal services, financial consultation, advertising and marketing expenses, business insurance
- Industry-related capital items required for business operations (capped at 50% of grant funding)
To apply for an RSL Queensland Veteran Enterprise Start Up Grant you must be the partner of a current or ex-serving ADF member who served for a minimum of three years and:
- been a spouse or defacto partner for a minimum of three years
- Completed a self-enterprise or industry related education program or demonstrate relevant business experience via the application
- a Queensland resident (or Northern Territory for Partners of current serving members)
- able to demonstrate hardship as a result of your partner's Defence service or experience post service
- able to demonstrate a sound business model and clear use of funds in line with the approved purpose outlined in What is Available above
For more information and for any questions, please use the below expression of interest form to speak to the team.