Stephens at War Conference
To be held at the Yeronga Services Club on Saturday 26 October 2019.
Papers will be presented on the history of Yeronga Park and its memorials: the history of the RSL Clubs in the Shire, of military hospitals including the Greenslopes Hospital and Rhyndarra, the Annerley Army Reserve Depot in Dudley Street and the many WWII camps. A total of 96 trees were planted in Yeronga Park to commemorate the deaths of the soldiers of the same number. Finally, the War Service Homes schemes will be considered.
- Registration begins at 8:30am and the conference commences at 9am.
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided.
- It will be a great day and everyone is welcome.
- An invitation is extended to guests to bring and display any memorabilia and photographs.
Cost: $40pp including lunch, morning and afternoon tea
Payment details: Please contact Stephen Sheaffe or Hazel Aue below.
Conference Close: 4:00PM
RSVP: by 23 October 2019
1. ASHG Convener: Stephen Sheaffe: 0417 770 176: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Hazel Aue: Treasurer: 0434 740 684, 3848 2490: email@example.com
3. Stephens RSL: Matthew Rowe: 0418797597: Matt.firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Yeronga Dutton Park RSL: Brenda Christiansen: 07 3848 8299: email@example.com