Find Help for Someone You Know
One of the most difficult parts of our job is finding those people who need our help. Many of them are too proud, socially isolated, or unwilling or unable to admit their need for a variety of reasons. We ask you to help us to help them.
If you have a family member, friend or loved one who is suffering – someone who is grappling with the effects of mental health issues, struggling with financial stress, needs help with their DVA claim or needs somewhere to stay because of a crisis situation – help us to find them and to help them take a positive step forward.
Our specialist veteran services staff are located across Queensland and can assist with:
- Help with compensation claims through the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Mental health support for those suffering PTSD or in need of psychological assistance
- Emergency financial assistance to cover basic necessities for those suffering financial hardship
- Bereavement assistance for families who have lost loved ones
- Referrals to peer support groups and other specialist services to break down isolation barriers.
- Visiting those who are sick, injured and lonely in hospital and/or at their homes to provide a helping hand
- Short term accommodation for those who need somewhere to go in times of crisis
- Subsidised longer term housing solutions in some areas.
Find out more about our services and those provided by others in the ex-service community below: help for ADF personnel and families
To understand first-hand how we have helped those who have served us, read our Brave Faces stories below.