We operate with a simple goal – to ensure that all current and former ADF personnel and their families that are in need of help get the support they need. This is evident through our vision:
We support you, the military family.
According to our Constitution
, the objects for which the RSL (Queensland Branch) is established are to:
- Provide for the sick, helpless, wounded, aged, vulnerable, destitute and needy among those who are serving or who have served in the Australian Defence Forces and their dependants
- Perpetuate the close and kindly ties of friendship created by a mutual service in the Australian Defence Force or in the forces of nations traditionally allied with Australia and the recollections associated with that experience
- Maintain a proper standard of dignity and honour among all past and present members of the Defence Forces of the nation and to set an example of public spirit and noble hearted endeavour
- Preserve the memory and the records of those who suffered and died for Australia, erect monuments to their valour, provide them with suitable burial places, and establish and preserve, in their honour, the annual commemoration days known as ANZAC Day, Remembrance Day and other commemorative days
- Encourage loyalty to Australia and secure patriotic service in the interests of Australia;
- Protect the good name and preserve the interests and standing of members of the Australian Defence Force
- Encourage Members, as citizens, to serve Australia with that spirit of self-sacrifice and loyalty with which they served as members of the Australian Defence Forces
- Provide welfare to the sick, helpless, wounded, vulnerable, aged, destitute and needy.
These objects guide our strategic direction and drive our day-to-day activities.